12 Jun 30 Habits Of Lean People
In the previous post, we showed you 30 habits of overweight people. Hopefully it was enlightening for some of you, but we are all about actionable goals so this week we will show you what Lean People do so you can adapt those healthy habits.
So here is our top 30 Habits of Lean people:
1) Lean people have excellent energy because they get at least 7 hour a night of sleep and most go to bed and wake up at the same time every night.
2) They don’t just “exercise,” they seek the most effective form of fitness training possible: strength training and intervals.
3) Lean people set new goals and see that every goal is hit.
4) Lean people get their carbs from vegetables and occasionally quality carb sources like dark fruit and sweet potatoes.
5) Lean people set a protein goal and hit it every meal from solid protein sources.
6) Lean people understand that healthy fat is essential to being lean and preventing diseases, so they use coconut oil to cook their foods, oils on salads and other healthy fats in moderation.
7) Lean people (especially women) understand that muscle mass is the foundation of your metabolism and allows you to handle carbs better, so they don’t worry about the scale and rely more on pictures to gauge their progress.
8) Lean people handle stress appropriately and know how to mentally release from the day. Tip: Smart, lean people understand magnesiums role in cortisol and carbohydrate regulation so they supplement with it daily.
9) Lean people DON’T skip meals and eat solid protein 4 + times a day.
10) Lean people realize that thoughts create emotion, so if you tell yourself that you are worthless, you will be depressed. If you say, “I followed the plan and gave my best effort,” you will always prevail.
11) Lean people realize that while they may need to be extra strict with their nutrition to reach their body fat goals, they reaching them is only step 1. Living a comparable lifestyle is the only way to be lean and happy for life.
12) Lean people can motivate themselves, which translates into better jobs and prosperity with most things in their life.
13) Lean people know how to eat smart when they do eat out.
14) Lean people plan and cook their meals for the week EVERYWEEK.
15) Lean people embrace challenges and go “all in” to try and reach a goal.
16) Lean people have created a system for themselves that builds in variety into their weekly food prep. Without it, they know they will get bored and possibly obtain food sensitivities.
17) Lean people make an on going effort to learn how to use spices and protein sources to maintain a Paleo diet for life.
18) Lean people use critical thinking skills to apply the knowledge we give them in different situations.
19) Lean people realize that 1 thing is rarely the problem. They realize that everything is interconnected and that several minor changes can help you make serious change.
20) If lean people get a personal trainer, they look forward to the hard work that help them get in the best shape of their lives.
21) Lean people have kept a food log but since they plan their meals they usually don’t have to. But if they hit a plateau, they jump back on the log, regardless.
22) Lean people may do running as a sport, but the understand the metabolic advantages of intervals, and use it exclusively for fat loss.
23) Lean people are smart when they drink, and use hard alcohol with water or ice for mixers.
24) Lean people realize that consistency is the ONLY factor in making a lifestyle change.
25) Lean people don’t beat themselves up with bad choices, they accept their poor choice, shake it off and jump right back on the bandwagon the next meal.
26) Most lean people understand the value of Multi-Vitamins, Fish Oil, Magnesium and other supplements that will help them get the body that they want.
27) Lean people eat for the future AND the present. Meaning, they love their food, but they have self control to be able to say, “no I don’t want that brownie.”
28) Lean people take ownership for their choices in food (and all of life) and realize that they are in complete control of their destiny.
29) Lean people are happy with themselves, but they set new challenges to keep their training interesting. This motivates them to always look and feel great.
30) Lean people realize that identifying where they are, and making small, incremental steps will accumulate to anything they could ever want. They set realistic goals and climb up the continuum to living a healthy lifestyle.
Now ask yourself, how many of these habits do I do?
I once heard that if you want to be successful, do what successful people do.
There is your outline, let the remodeling begin.
Marshall Ray – CSCS, CES, FMS, Biosignature