04 Dec Episode 15: Top 5 Things To Eat When You Go Out
So you’re going out to eat tonight, but want to stay committed to your goal of being lean. So what do you eat? Here is a list of my top 5 choices of foods to eat when you go out:
5) Fajitas With No Tortilla – Chipotle has excellent choices, but they do cook their food with Soybean Oil, which will increase Estrogen and Leg Fat while decreasing testosterone and health. Watch at Mexican Restaurants because they cook with vegetable oils, which are bad fats that don’t help you reach your body comp goals.
4) Burger With No Bun – This is the go to when you go to catch a game at a sports bar. Simply drop the bun and swap the veggies and its a healthy meal.
3) Steak and Broccoli – This is an excellent meal that is pretty safe for going out to nice restaurants and other fine dining. Sauces can get you caught up but just ask whats in them and you’ll get a healthy meal that will keep you lean.
2) Turkey and Chicken Salad – This is probably the most common choice that is available. I would always go with an oil based dressing if possible. If salads are not available, ask for a wrap, but put it in a bowl. “Yeah can I get a wrap, hold the wrap?” You may have to ask for double meat, make sure you are hitting your protein goal.
1) Lettuce Wrap at Jimmy Johns – These are the fastest, healthiest thing you can eat on the run. High protein (and you can double it), virtually no carbs, and it feels like a traditional wrap. For some, getting double meat can be 2 meals. Whether you’re eating out or planning your meals, lettuce wraps are arguably my most recommended meal to eat.
With that you should have plenty of options to satisfy your cravings, so be social, but be smart. Remember that every time you eat you make a choice. Do you want to look and feel how you want? Or not?