20 Dec My Go-To Healthy(er) Holiday Recipes
Happy Holidays, Cheermeisters!
I have 4 easy recipes that I make every holiday season. They are healthy(er) alternatives to traditional holiday favorites and are ALWAYS crowd pleasers. They also look super festive and are more than “gram-worthy”. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and Merry Christmas from the Femme Fit/Faster Fitness Fam 😊!
Low(er) Carb Cranberry Mimosas
- Brut Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice
- Splenda (for rim of flute)
- A few fresh cranberries and rosemary twigs for garnish
- Place 2 saucers side by side, place a small amount of water in one (just enough to cover the bottom) and a thin coating of Splenda in the other.
- Dip the rim of your flute or preferred glass first in the water then in the Splenda to coat just the edge of the glass.
- Add your desired ratio of champagne and diet cranberry to the glass (I usually go 1/2 and 1/2 ).
- Thread the stem of the rosemary through a fresh cranberry and pop in the glass. Voila!! Sip and enjoy the fanciness.
Chipotle Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms
I can’t take credit for this. I found this recipe on “Jay’s Baking Me Crazy” and it’s been my ultimate go-to for every potluck and party since. They are seriously amazing. I recommend making 2 batches if you are taking them to a gathering. THEY GO QUICK!
Here’s the link to the recipe 😍
Caprese Salad Skewers
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Mozzarella cheese balls (or goat cheese)
- Salt and Pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Add 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then let simmer for 10-15 minutes until syrup consistency. Let cool.
- Assemble tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella (or goat) cheese balls onto a toothpick.
- Drizzle with salt and pepper then the cooled balsamic glaze from Step 1. Voila! Aren’t they adorable?
Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
I also cannot take credit for this amazing cheesecake. It’s so yummy with whip cream on top.
- I am not a big “cloves in my pie” fan, so I skipped the ground cloves and also used 1 full cup of Splenda rather than ¾ of a cup ( I like my sweets a little sweeter).
- I also did not want to mess with the pie crust so I bought a pre-made gluten-free crust at Schnuck’s (they keep them in the freezer in the gluten-free aisle). I just ate the bottom crust so the carbs were still much lower than your average pie or cheesecake.
- Here’s the link to the recipe 😍